Friday, July 8, 2011

Boy vs. Priest

I refrain from making judgments, with respect to a specific church or religions’ policies, practices and beliefs; however, this particular email was funny. It was also a swipe against the Catholic Church’s contraception and anti abortion policies.

While I don’t take a stance on religious policies and beliefs, I do understand that the context of many religious policies, practices and beliefs; were conditions that existed thousands of years ago. Religious law was often created to meet the challenges of the time.

Basic religious foundations (i.e. for me, as a Christian, the “Ten Commandment’s”) were, however, designed as a road map to guide one through a lifetime of experiences. These rules are a constant and transcend the march of time.

Every major Religion has rules similar to the Commandments. Personally, I find that fact to be of great comfort. I believe God to be both universal and transcendent. But, that's just me. You be you.... 


A little boy got on the bus and sat next to a man reading a book. Looking closely at the man, he noticed that the man’s collar was on backwards.

Being an inquisitive youngster the little boy asked the man why he wore his collar backwards.

The man, who was a priest, replied, “I am a Father.”

The little boy replied, “My Daddy is a father and he doesn’t wear his collar like that.”

The priest looked up from his book and answered, ''I am the Father of many.”

The boy said, ''My Dad has 4 boys, 4 girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way!”

The priest, getting a little impatient, stated, with conviction; “I am the Father of hundreds,” and went back to reading his book.

The little boy sat quietly thinking for a while, and then leaned over and said, in a whisper, ''Maybe you should wear a condom and put your pants on backwards instead of your collar.”
 


Don’t forget to check out “Joe’s Big Blue Marble” http://joecampher.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment